- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot or dash ground ginger
- 4 ounces beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sherry and ginger; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, hoisin sauce, sugar and remaining soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. Stir-fry asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Beef Stir-Fry for 2 in Taste of Home
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Gingered Beef Stir-Fry for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2013
Will make again!