- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white, cornstarch, sugar, ginger and pepper until smooth. Add beef and toss to coat; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Saute onions for 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add beef; stir-fry for 6-7 minutes or until meat is browned and no longer pink. Stir in soy sauce. Add carrots, zucchini and peas; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until all vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Beef Stir-Fry in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p17
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Gingered Beef Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2010
"first time i tried this recipe. got 2 thumbs up from husband and daughter. meat was tender. will definitely make again"