Gingered Beef and Red Peppers Stir Fry Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 jar (8 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water, soy sauce and 1 teaspoon oil until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the corn, red pepper, ginger and garlic; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add peas; stir-fry 30 seconds longer. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Gingered Beef and Red Peppers Stir Fry
Sort By :
I used a frozen 24 oz. bag of stir-fry Asian style vegetables and followed the directions on the bag for cooking the vegetables. I also used ground ginger so that flavor was not as pronounced. I enjoyed it and would like to try it again with fresh ginger.
this a very quick way to put a fancy delicious dinner on the table and get vegetables into a husband at the same time
Tastey! I didn't have snap peas so I used 1/2 a yellow onion & peas instead.
This is a delicious and easy recipe that my family loves. I usually make way more than the recipe calls for and there are NEVER and leftovers. It's a great alternative to calling ahead for Chinese take-out.
made this for dinner last night, omg this was soooo good!! next time when I make this I'm going to add water chestnuts and broccoli and triple the sauce to put over the rice. Very fast recipe to throw together.