- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot or dash ground ginger
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sherry and ginger; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, hoisin sauce, sugar and remaining soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. Stir-fry asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGingered Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry
"This recipe was outstanding! I did substitute venison for the beef and my homegrown roasted broccoli from the freezer for the asparagus. The recipe was easy to make and the flavor was awesome. I will definitely be making this often and can't wait to try it with our homegrown asparagus in spring!"
"My husband loved it! His only request is more sauce to drizzle on the rice."
"I changed the soy sauce to 4 tbsp., the ginger to 1 tsp., hoisin sauce to 2 tsp., garlic to 2 cloves. I like it as it turned out but next time will adjust to 1 tbsp. minced ginger, 3 cloves of garlic, hoisin sauce to 3 tsp. I also may add Sriracha chili sauce to the cornstarch mixture."
"My husband didnt like the flavor of the hoisin sauce but I love this. I would make it again but maybe use a little less of the hoisin sauce and see if it's ok with him like that."
"I make this recipe at least once a month. My husband loves it!"
"AWESOME!!! I substituted boneless pork chops for the beef and topped with sesame seeds and diced green onions. This was very easy and excellent!"