Gingered Baby Carrots
Ginger, salt and pepper team up to coat tender carrots in a butter glaze. This vegetable is a nice accompaniment to a variety of meals.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen baby carrots (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave
- on high for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring twice; drain. Stir
- in butter, ginger, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 101 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.