Gingered Asparagus Recipe
We enjoy asparagus fresh from our garden every spring. This is one of my favorite ways to serve it. It's great for those watching their fat intake and so fast to fix. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 2 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place asparagus in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Drizzle with half of the sauce; toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC