- 2 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place asparagus in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Drizzle with half of the sauce; toss to coat.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Asparagus in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p19
Reviews for Gingered Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2013
I love asparagus, but this recipe was quite bland. It didn't have a very good flavor to it, the soy sauce and the ginger completely ruined it :(