- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Amaretto, divided
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small heavy saucepan, heat cream and ginger until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from heat.
- Place flour, almonds, confectioners' sugar and cocoa in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add cold butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. While pulsing, add 1/4 cup amaretto to form moist crumbs. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 13-16 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. Bring gingered cream just to a boil. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer over chocolate; discard ginger. Stir chocolate mixture with a whisk until smooth; stir in softened butter and remaining amaretto until blended. Pour into cooled crust. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until set. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Almond Truffle Tart in Taste of Home December 2013
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Gingered Almond Truffle Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review