Gingered Almond Truffle Tart Recipe
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Amaretto, divided
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small heavy saucepan, heat cream and ginger until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from heat.
- 2. Place flour, almonds, confectioners' sugar and cocoa in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add cold butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. While pulsing, add 1/4 cup amaretto to form moist crumbs. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 13-16 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Place chocolate in a small bowl. Bring gingered cream just to a boil. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer over chocolate; discard ginger. Stir chocolate mixture with a whisk until smooth; stir in softened butter and remaining amaretto until blended. Pour into cooled crust. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until set. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 309 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Gingered Almond Truffle Tart
"I would have loved to make this but I do not use liquor of any kind and I will make no exceptions for this. If you can give me some options for the Amaretto, I would like to try it. Since there are more people than me out there that will not use liquor, a substitute given in the recipe would be appreciated."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.