- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel, optional
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or lime juice
- Holiday sprinkles, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In a large saucepan, combine corn syrup, brown sugar and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Transfer to a large bowl; gradually beat flour mixture into corn syrup mixture. Beat in cream cheese. Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On parchment paper, roll dough into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Cut into three 12x6-in. rectangles.
- In a small bowl, mix Nutella and, if desired, lime peel; spread over rectangles. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each roll crosswise into four logs; place on greased baking sheets, seam side down. With the tines of a fork, make strokes in dough to resemble bark if desired.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bottom and edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and water until smooth; drizzle over cookies. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Gingerbread Yule Logs in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p45
Reviews for Gingerbread Yule Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review