- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after
- each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until soft
- glossy peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Fold in flour
- mixture. Transfer to prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with
- confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off paper. Roll up cake in the
- towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely
- on a wire rack.
- In a chilled large bowl, combine the first five filling ingredients;
- beat until soft peaks form. Unroll cake; spread half of the filling
- over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again, without towel.
- Place on a platter, seam side down. Spread remaining filling over
- cake. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.