- uncovered, on high for 5-6 minutes, rotating a quarter turn every 2
- minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cover with waxed paper; let stand for 5 minutes. Remove waxed
- paper and invert onto a serving plate.
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar, butter and water.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until butter is
- melted and mixture begins to boil; stir.
- Add a small amount to egg; beat well. Return all to the bowl.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir in lemon juice and peel. Cook
- 45 seconds longer or until slightly thickened. Serve with the
- gingerbread. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 405 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.