Gingerbread with Compote Recipe
Warm fruit and spices make an easy and festive way to dress up boxed gingerbread mix for the holidays! Maria Regakis - Somerville, MA
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake mix
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped topping
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack; cut into squares.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple, cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring frequently. Cool slightly. Serve with gingerbread. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 352 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Gingerbread with Compote
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC