Gingerbread Waffles with Cream Cheese Topping Recipe
Fans of gingerbread cookies will love these waffles! The breakfast treat features a delicious blend of molasses and spices. Add a dollop of the cream cheese frosting to make this wake-up specialty extra indulgent.—Jannine Fisk, Malden, Massachusetts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Maple syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, beat brown sugar and egg yolks until blended; beat in the buttermilk, butter, molasses and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 2. In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- 3. For topping, in a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. Serve waffles with topping and maple syrup. Yield: 16 waffles (1-1/3 cups topping).
2 each: 557 calories, 27g fat (17g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Gingerbread Waffles with Cream Cheese Topping
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC