Gingerbread Waffles Recipe
Our family enjoys all types of waffles, but these are their favorite. They're softer than traditional waffles and the combination of spices provides a unique flavor. I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine does!
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, mustard and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and egg yolk until fluffy. Add buttermilk, molasses and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Add raisins. In a small bowl, beat egg white and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gently fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 6 waffles (about 4 inches).
Originally published as Gingerbread Waffles in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p47
Reviews for Gingerbread Waffles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review