- 14 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 package (10 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 5 teaspoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- Place white chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring whipping cream just to a boil. Pour over white chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in the cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Shape mixture into 3/4-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Gingerbread Truffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p59
Reviews for Gingerbread Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review