Gingerbread Trifle Recipe
"This tasty dessert was a hit when I served it to our Bible study group," reports Betty Kleberger of Florissant, Missouri. "It's a wonderful blend of flavors and a great ending to holiday meals." If you don't have leftover gingerbread, bake some from a boxed mix to assemble this trifle.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 7 cups cubed Gingerbread Cake
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 2. In a 2-qt. serving bowl, layer half of the cake cubes and pudding. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup toffee bits. Top with remaining cake and pudding. Spread whipped topping over the top; sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Garnish with cherry. Yield: 8-10 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC