- pears. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until
- syrup is golden brown. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10
- minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl.
- Repeat with remaining sugar, butter, cinnamon, ginger and pears. Cool
- Meanwhile, for trifle cream, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese,
- brown sugar, orange juice, orange peel and extract until blended.
- Gently fold in whipped cream.
- To assemble, cut cake into 1/4-in. slices. Place a third in a 3-qt.
- trifle dish or glass serving bowl; top with a third of pears and a
- third of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and
- refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 411 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.