Gingerbread Torte Recipe
"This old-fashioned gingerbread cake is excellent!" promises Ginger Hendricksen of Plover, Wisconsin. Lemon peel is a nice addition to the sweet cream cheese frosting.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Grease three 9-in. round baking pans. Line with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Spoon into prepared pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add lemon peel. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until blended. Place one cake on a serving platter. Spread with about 2/3 cup frosting; repeat layers twice. Refrigerated until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 608 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 599mg sodium, 95g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Gingerbread Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC