Gingerbread Spice Jelly Recipe
I've made batches of this simple jelly, a winner at our county fair, to give as gifts for many years. When the jars are empty, people return them for a refill. —Robin Nagel, Whitehall, Montana
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 18 gingerbread spice tea bags
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep 30 minutes.
- 2. Discard tea bags. Stir in the sugar, apple juice and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 4. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. (Jelly may take up to 2 weeks to set.) Yield: 5 half-pints.
2 tablespoons equals 91 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC