- 2-1/2 cups water
- 18 gingerbread spice tea bags
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep 30 minutes.
- Discard tea bags. Stir in the sugar, apple juice and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. (Jelly may take up to 2 weeks to set.) Yield: 5 half-pints.
Reviews for Gingerbread Spice Jelly
Sort By :
"I used a pumpkin spice tea because I could not find gingerbread tea and it turned out so good! Even my mother-in-law loved it, and she makes the best jam I've ever had from her extensive garden. I can't wait to try this with a wide variety of teas! I agree with others that it was very sweet, but that also helps me eat a smaller serving and keep better tabs on portion control ;)"
"I have a smoothtop stove. Can I use a canner on that type of cooktop? If so, what kind?"
"I first tried this with sugar plum spice tea and it was really good. It made excellent Christmas gifts in small jars."
"I couldn't find the exact tea called for in the recipe, so subbed a Ginger Lemon tea. It turned out very well, although next time I make it I will use a low-sugar Pectin. This jelly is beautiful and set up well, but is VERY sweet as written. Still, packaged in 4 oz jelly jars it is a very cute addition to my homemade holiday gifts this year."
"This is christmas in teensy jars for gift giving!i used no sugar pectin(all i had) and took the sugar down to 1.5 cups. if you like ginger snaps this is a different twist. no problems with setting up.. made no other alterations."