- 2-1/2 cups water
- 18 gingerbread spice tea bags
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep 30 minutes.
- Discard tea bags. Stir in the sugar, apple juice and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. (Jelly may take up to 2 weeks to set.) Yield: 5 half-pints.
Reviews for Gingerbread Spice Jelly
Sort By :
I used a pumpkin spice tea because I could not find gingerbread tea and it turned out so good! Even my mother-in-law loved it, and she makes the best jam I've ever had from her extensive garden. I can't wait to try this with a wide variety of teas! I agree with others that it was very sweet, but that also helps me eat a smaller serving and keep better tabs on portion control ;)
I have a smoothtop stove. Can I use a canner on that type of cooktop? If so, what kind?
I first tried this with sugar plum spice tea and it was really good. It made excellent Christmas gifts in small jars.
I couldn't find the exact tea called for in the recipe, so subbed a Ginger Lemon tea. It turned out very well, although next time I make it I will use a low-sugar Pectin. This jelly is beautiful and set up well, but is VERY sweet as written. Still, packaged in 4 oz jelly jars it is a very cute addition to my homemade holiday gifts this year.
This is christmas in teensy jars for gift giving!
i used no sugar pectin(all i had) and took the sugar down to 1.5 cups. if you like ginger snaps this is a different twist. no problems with setting up.. made no other alterations.