Gingerbread Snowflakes Recipe
Cutting my favorite gingerbread cookie dough into snowflake shapes and decorating them with white icing was ideal for my theme get-together. I save these crunchy treats to enjoy on the way home from our Christmas tree outing. -Shelly Rynearson, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and water. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Transfer to a plastic bag. Cut a small hole in a corner of the bag; pipe frosting onto cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 245 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC