Gingerbread Snowflakes Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and water. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Transfer to a plastic bag. Cut a small hole in a corner of the bag; pipe frosting onto cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Gingerbread Snowflakes
Sort By :
This is my favorite gingerbread cookie recipe. I found it it a Taste of Home recipe box I purchased at the checkout counter at the grocery store. I couldn't find my book this year when I went to do my holiday baking and panicked until I found it again here on the website. We just love these!
These turned out great! They were not to hard and not too soft and just the right amount of spice for my family. :) Thanks!
We made gingerbread men out of them and used a simpler frosting recipe, but it worked up great. Dough was -no- problem at all to work with after refrigerating (though we did run errands in between, so it was in the fridge for a couple of hours before rolling out).
I didn't like the dough at all, it was really sticky. I had to roll it out on a floured surface, scoop it up and reroll it on even more flour. So maybe try it dding more flour. I receive several compliments on these cookies from people who said they don't usually like gingerbread cookies!
What is that 'anonymous' reply? Can you really do that?
Oh Administrator...have you posted the recipe for your gingerbread snowflakes?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Frosting >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >