- beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut gingerbread into 1/2-in. to
- 1-in. cubes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Combine the pumpkin, brown sugar,
- vanilla and cinnamon; stir into pudding. In another bowl, beat cream
- until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and extract; beat until stiff
- peaks form.
- Set aside 1/4 cup gingerbread cubes. In a 4-qt. trifle bowl or glass
- serving bowl, layer a third of the remaining gingerbread cubes; top
- with a third of the pumpkin mixture and whipped cream. Repeat layers
- twice. Crumble reserved gingerbread; sprinkle over top. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 400 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.