A party favorite of ours is gingersnaps and pumpkin dip. I combined those flavors for a wonderful cross between gingerbread bar cookies and cheesecake. —Kathleen Rhodebeck, Penacook, New Hampshire
Recommended: 18 Thanksgiving Cheesecakes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- CHEESECAKE BATTER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. In a small bowl, whisk flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Reserve 1 cup dough for topping; press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For cheesecake batter, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin and spices. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Drop reserved dough by tablespoonfuls over cheesecake batter. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Gingerbread-Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p74
Reviews for Gingerbread-Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review