Gingerbread Pancakes with Lemon Syrup Recipe
My daughter's family enjoyed gingerbread pancakes at a restaurant and decided to serve them at home. The lemon syrup is a nice change from maple syrup. —Noreen Larson, Wainwright, Alberta
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- LEMON SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, molasses and oil. Add to the dry ingredients; beat just until blended.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. For syrup, combine the sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg in a saucepan. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, lemon juice and peel. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 10 pancakes (1-1/3 cups syrup).
1 serving (2 each) equals 417 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Gingerbread Pancakes with Lemon Syrup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC