My daughter's family enjoyed gingerbread pancakes at a restaurant and decided to serve them at home. The lemon syrup is a nice change from maple syrup. —Noreen Larson, Wainwright, Alberta
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- LEMON SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, molasses and oil. Add to the dry ingredients; beat just until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- For syrup, combine the sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg in a saucepan. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, lemon juice and peel. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 10 pancakes (1-1/3 cups syrup).
Originally published as Gingerbread Pancakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p102
Reviews for Gingerbread Pancakes with Lemon Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review