Gingerbread Pancakes with Fruit Topping Recipe
Wake 'em up Christmas morning with the delightful aroma of these fluffy pancakes. They've got a great gingerbread flavor and pretty fruit topping! Substitute boysenberry, blueberry or strawberry syrup for the maple syrup if you'd like a tasty change. —Michelle Smith, Sykesville, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 tablespoons maple pancake syrup
- 3/4 cup apple pie filling, warmed
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, milk, molasses and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. To serve, place two pancakes on each plate; drizzle with 2 tablespoons syrup. Top with 1/4 cup apple pie filling; sprinkle with cranberries. Yield: 3 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC