Gingerbread Pancakes with Banana Cream Recipe
To save some time during the busiest of holidays, I make and refrigerate the batter for these pancakes two hours before cooking. This way I don't have to fuss with measuring ingredients while my guests mill about the kitchen anxiously awaiting brunch. —Barbara Brittain, Santee, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch YIELD:14 servings
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 medium bananas, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups molasses
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in bananas. Cover and chill until serving.
- 2. In a very large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt and allspice; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with banana cream. Yield: 42 pancakes (4-2/3 cups topping).
3 pancakes with 1/3 cup topping equals 681 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 678 mg sodium, 101 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC