Gingerbread Pancakes with Banana Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 medium bananas, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups molasses
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 cups 2% milk
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in bananas. Cover and chill until serving.
- In a very large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt and allspice; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with banana cream. Yield: 42 pancakes (4-2/3 cups topping).
Reviews for Gingerbread Pancakes with Banana Cream
Sort By :
"This recipe was good but my husband is not a fan of gingerbread cookies so I figured he would not like this one. I liked it but the molasses taste was a bit strong for me but I don't like the strong taste molasses has so you can tone it down by adding less. The Banana cream was delicious! Save time and use a container of store bought whipped cream instead."
"We loved these! We also made just half the recipe and still had lots of leftovers. They aren't too spicy and aren't too sweet, either. We skipped the banana cream and had them with pure butter and maple syrup. YUM!"
"These were terrific! Not a strong spicy taste and not too sweet at all. We skipped the banana cream and went with plain old butter and maple syrup."
"waste of ingredients"
"Don't know what went wrong with this, but I wasted an awful lot of ingredients! Thought it was my baking powder because these pancakes did not rise at all. So I made some baking powder cheese biscuits and they rose beautifully. I've been cooking for a family for over 40 years and I've never had such a bust in a final product!"