- 2 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- In a large saucepan, cook apples in butter over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples; stir to coat. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, molasses and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with apple topping. Yield: 18 pancakes (3 cups apple topping).
Originally published as Gingerbread Pancakes with Apple Topping in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p28
Reviews for Gingerbread Pancakes with Apple Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review