Gingerbread Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 tablespoons maple pancake syrup
- 3/4 cup apple pie filling, warmed
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, milk, molasses and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- To serve, place two pancakes on each plate; drizzle with 2 tablespoons syrup. Top with 1/4 cup apple pie filling; sprinkle with cranberries. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Gingerbread Pancakes(8)
Sort By :
Since we love pancakes, we were eager to try the gingerbread pancakes. We will be making these again!!
Made them this morning. My family loved them! Instead of apple pie topping, I warmed some cinnamon applesauce. It was a great compliment to the flavor!
Nice option for a special occasion breakfast.
Good, but definitely needs salt. I sauteed apples with butter, brown sugar, a little lemon juice and corn starch, instead of using the apple pie filling.
I made these cakes without the fruit topping, just eating them traditionally with butter and warmed syrup. My husband and I thought they were really yummy and they smell so good while cooking! Next time I might add 1/8 tsp. of salt. But overall, really good.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >