Gingerbread Oatmeal Bread Recipe
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Gingerbread Oatmeal Bread(3)
Sort By :
Simply the best I have ever made in the bread machine!
This was a great recipe. I will be adding more ginger, and less cloves. The cloves seemed to take over the taste.
I've made this a couple of times already this fall. The bread has a nice subtle gingerbread and molasses flavor. We like to eat it fresh out of the breadmaker with butter and honey.