- filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; gently stir in butter and lemon peel until blended. Pour into
- a large bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Cover and refrigerate
- until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger,
- cinnamon, salt and cloves. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk,
- oil and molasses until smooth; stir into dry ingredients just until
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 375° for 15-20
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm with lemon curd. Yield: 1 dozen (1 cup lemon curd).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 271 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.