Gingerbread Muffin Tops Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 7 muffin tops.
1 each: 365 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Gingerbread Muffin Tops
"I don't understand how this recipe passed the Test Kitchen approval. The taste is very good, good gingerbread recipe but they did not turn out like muffin tops, more like a very large flat cookie. I think if I make again that the baking soda should be reduced to 1/2 tsp. and add 1 tsp. of baking powder. The muffin top needs to rise much more than they did. I think the Test Kitchen needs to try this recipe again and then resubmit it. Thank you."