Gingerbread Muffin Tops
We came up with this unique recipe for muffin tops that don't require a special baking pan. The flavor is similar to mouthwatering molasses cookies.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
7 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda,
- cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking
- sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 350° for 15-20
- minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to
- a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 7 muffin tops.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin top equals 365 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.