- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 7 muffin tops.
Reviews for Gingerbread Muffin Tops
Sort By :
"I don't understand how this recipe passed the Test Kitchen approval. The taste is very good, good gingerbread recipe but they did not turn out like muffin tops, more like a very large flat cookie. I think if I make again that the baking soda should be reduced to 1/2 tsp. and add 1 tsp. of baking powder. The muffin top needs to rise much more than they did. I think the Test Kitchen needs to try this recipe again and then resubmit it. Thank you."