We came up with this unique recipe for muffin tops that don't require a special baking pan. The flavor is similar to mouthwatering molasses cookies.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 7 muffin tops.
Originally published as Gingerbread Muffin Tops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p45
Reviews for Gingerbread Muffin Tops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review