- baking soda, allspice and salt. Gradually add to the molasses
- mixture. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with
- marshmallows, pecans and chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until
- soft peaks form. Gradually beat in brown sugar, 1 tablespoon at a
- time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove gingerbread from oven; spread with meringue. Bake 9-11 minutes
- longer or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool completely. Cut
- into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 135 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.