Gingerbread Macaroons Recipe
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place confectioners' sugar, almond flour and spices in a food processor. Cover and process until well blended.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in almond mixture in several additions.
- Place mixture in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe 1-in.-diameter cookies onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Let stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes or until a light crust forms.
- Bake at 325° for 10-14 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool completely on pans on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until light and fluffy. Spread over the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Gingerbread Macaroons in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p52
Reviews for Gingerbread Macaroons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review