Whether you call them kisses or hugs, these cookies show nothing but love when served warm from the oven. Typically made with a peanut butter dough, the ginger and spices in these thumbprints are a fun Christmastime spin on an all-time favorite. —
60 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 60 striped chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and molasses. In another bowl, whisk flour, ginger,
- baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; gradually beat into creamed
- mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in
- sugar. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10
- minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss
- into the center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: 5 dozen.