Whether you call them kisses or hugs, these cookies show nothing but love when served warm from the oven. Typically made with a peanut butter dough, the ginger and spices in these thumbprints are a fun Christmastime spin on an all-time favorite. —
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 60 striped chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. In another bowl, whisk flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Gingerbread Kisses in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p52
Reviews for Gingerbread Kisses
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review