Gingerbread Fruitcake Cookies Recipe
Two of my favorite things, gingerbread and fruitcake, meet in a truly great cookie. You’d never know this recipe starts with a mix. It bursts with fruit, nuts and gingerbread flavor, topped with a delightful orange glaze. —Jamie Jones, Madison, Georgia
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 container (8 ounces) chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix cookie mix, melted butter and water to form a soft dough. Stir in candied fruit, pecans and raisins. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar and enough orange juice to reach desired consistency. Spread or drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Gingerbread Fruitcake Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC