Gingerbread Fizz Recipe
Here's a sweet treat that blends the seasonal flavor of gingerbread with a fun fizz. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkling of cookie crumbs and a gingersnap cookie. —Randie Scott, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches), crushed
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Whipped cream and crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Strain and cool.
- 2. In a large pitcher, combine molasses mixture and soda. Pour into glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and cookie crumbs. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup (calculated without garnishes): 190 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Gingerbread Fizz
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC