Here's a sweet treat that blends the seasonal flavor of gingerbread with a fun fizz. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkling of cookie crumbs and a gingersnap cookie. —Randie Scott, Salt Lake City, Utah
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches), crushed
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Whipped cream and crushed gingersnap cookies
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a
- boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Strain
- and cool.
- In a large pitcher, combine molasses mixture and soda. Pour into
- glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and cookie crumbs. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without garnishes) equals 190 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.