Here's a sweet treat that blends the seasonal flavor of gingerbread with a fun fizz. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkling of cookie crumbs and a gingersnap cookie. —Randie Scott, Salt Lake City, Utah
Featured In: Favorite Summer Melon Recipes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches), crushed
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Whipped cream and crushed gingersnap cookies
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Strain and cool.
- In a large pitcher, combine molasses mixture and soda. Pour into glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and cookie crumbs. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gingerbread Fizz in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p92
Reviews for Gingerbread Fizz
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review