Gingerbread Cutout Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla frosting of your choice
- Red and green paste food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Tint some of the frosting red and some green. Decorate cookies. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Gingerbread Cutout Cookies(25)
Sort By :
oh so good nothing like the store bought variety of gingerbread. very esay to handle the dough and I kept sealed in a resealable bowl for almost a week before cooking - they never dried out for me
So easy to make! Had to add a little water when rolling, since dough became a little dry while chilling. I used small gingerbread boy/girl cookie cutters so it made a lot of cookies!
These were absolutely delicious. The dough was so nice to work with and the kids loved decorating them!!
Had to add water to the dough - otherwise I couldn't roll it out because it just crumbled. Totally bland (reminiscent of cardboard) and needed a lot more sweetness! I would never eat these. On the plus side the cookies did have a nice chewy texture.
Great taste, like the traditional ones I remember. I didn't have enough molasses, so used 1/4 c of honey. worked well. Next time I will add a little more water to keep dough from crumbling. All over, a great cookie. Really tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Gingerbread Cookies >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >