- lukewarm. Stir in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger,
- cinnamon and salt; stir into molasses mixture to form a soft dough.
- Divide dough into thirds. Shape each portion into a disk; wrap in
- plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until easy to
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut
- with a floured 3-1/2-in. gingerbread boy cookie cutter. Place on
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until
- edges are firm. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate as
- desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
To make Ganache Icing: Microwave 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream, 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons corn syrup until blended, stopping once or twice to stir. Pipe as desired.