- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- REINDEER DECORATIONS:
- Ganache Icing (see below), green decorating icing, colored sprinkles, Tiny White Mighty Mint candies and red M&M's Minis
- ELF DECORATIONS:
- Ganache Icing (see below), white and black decorating icings, red and green Fruit Roll-Ups, holly berry quins, AirHeads Xtremes Sour Belt candies, red jimmies and yellow M&M's Minis
- SANTA DECORATIONS:
- Canned vanilla frosting, vanilla frosting tinted with red food coloring, black decorating icing, red-colored sugar, red nonpareils, snowflake sprinkles, white large dot quins, black licorice twists, white sugar pearls and yellow diamond-shaped sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, molasses and vinegar; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; cool to lukewarm. Stir in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; stir into molasses mixture to form a soft dough.
- Divide dough into thirds. Shape each portion into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-1/2-in. gingerbread boy cookie cutter. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate as desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Gingerbread Cutout Cookies in Cookies Bookazine 2013 2013, p5
Reviews for Gingerbread Cutout Christmas Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review