Gingerbread Crisp Cutouts Recipe
My grandsons started cooking by helping their grandpa mix up waffle and pancake batter. They also liked to make these nicely spiced cookies, which are fun to decorate with raisins and candies.—Shelia Hanauer, Reidsville, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and egg. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be soft). Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters and place on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Gingerbread Crisp Cutouts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC