Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Molasses and ginger make this cinnamon roll from Marilyn Stroud of Larsen, Wisconsin an exceptional choice for holiday breakfasts. Your family is sure to come running when they smell these treats fresh from the oven!
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first 12 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a well-floured surface.
- 2. Roll into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; spread with butter. Combine the brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- 3. Place cut side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 40 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 roll equals 261 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC