- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In bread machine pan, place the first 12 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a well-floured surface.
- Roll into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; spread with butter. Combine the brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place cut side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 40 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p51
Reviews for Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review